Author: Daniel Benzler
The 5th Annual World Medical Tourism & Global Health Congress is pleased to announce the list of preliminary speakers at the conference to be held on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami on October 24-26th, 2012.
The Medical Tourism Association™ is proud to welcome our keynote speakers who will share their expertise and insights about cutting edge business practices in different aspects of the global healthcare industry. Breckon Jones, Director of Health & Benefits, American Express EMEA, and John Casey, Director of International Benefits from Google, who will come back this year after his acclaimed session in Chicago, will be some of our keynote speakers. In addition, Kevin McCarty, President of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) will present in a cross over session with the Employer Healthcare & Benefits Congress; and the Disney Institute will share its insight on Disney’s approach to business excellence. Furthermore, Peter Carmel, the President of the American Medical Association (AMA) will share AMA concerted effort to help doctors help patients among other key issues.
The preliminary list of confirmed speakers includes the following renowned industry experts:
• Bernie Knobbe, Sr. Director, Global Benefits, Yahoo!
• Karen Timmons, Global Patient Safety Officer, DNV
• Dr. Paata Ratiani, Founder, “medtourgeorgia”
• Jeffrey Chen, Executive Director | Insurance & Benefits, Insurpro
• Nina Meyer, President & Chairman of the Board, American Society of Travel Agents
• Robert DiCianni, Senior Vice President, Pan-American Life Insurance Group
• Arthur L. Diskin, MD, FACEP, Vice President and Global Chief Medical Officer, Royal Caribbean Cruises
• Frank Lasee, State Senator, Wisconsin State Senate
• David Reisman, Professor of Economics, Nanyang Technological University
• Marc Fetscherin, Associate Professor, Rollins College
• Sabina Marotta, Vice President Employee Benefits, L-3 Communications Corporation
• Dr. Mona Khanna, Medical Contributor, FOX Chicago News
• Phil Borden, Compliance & International Benefits, Kohler Co.
• Alex Piper, President, OneWorld Global Healthcare Solutions
• Mark Semple, President, Passport Medical
• Muna Almuallem, Benefits Manager, Amway
• Emin Çakmak, Founding Chairman, Turkish Healthcare Tourism Development Council
• Carolyn Nye, Director of Digital Interactive Group, USADATA
• Selin Peker, Executive Vice President, Exec.Comm.Member, Dünyagöz / World Eye Hospitals Group
• David Bryan, Global Benefit Consultant, Xensell
• Mohammed Saeme, MD. PhD., International Expert on Maritime Health & Wellness
• Scott Edelstein, Partner, Squire Sanders
• Patrick Goodness, CEO The Goodness Company
This is the one event per year where employers, self funded health plans, insurance companies, government officials and medical tourism facilitators that are looking to outsource healthcare overseas have the opportunity to meet with top international hospitals and medical tourism companies, network, and build strong relationships with key industry partners.
This year the Medical Tourism Association™ has allocated a budget to bring in up to 400 buyers of healthcare that includes global multinational employers, insurance companies and health insurance agents. The conference will be integrated with the Employer Healthcare & Benefits Congress, one of the largest US health insurance and healthcare conferences in the United States, and the Global Benefits Conference focused on international employers and insurance companies. The annual MTA Congress will welcome approximately 2,000 attendees from over 90 countries, up to 140 exhibitors and sponsors and over 100 speakers.
The Congress is the dedicated annual event of the Medical Tourism Association™, the nonprofit trade association in the Medical Tourism industry, http://www.medicaltourismassociation.com and media partner Medical Tourism Magazine, http://www.medicaltourismmag.com the only dedicated magazine for the medical tourism and global healthcare industry, and by Medical Tourism City, http://www.medicaltourismcity.com, a social network for the medical tourism and global healthcare industry with over two thousand participants from all over the world.
If you would like more information about this event, please email Cristina Cardona at: [email protected] or call 001-561-792-